What do you do to cheer yourself up after a rough day at the office? I’ve tried it all. Actually, I haven’t, but I’m just not interested in transcedental meditation, or yoga, or spending time with loved ones, or any of that other stuff infomercial life coaches try to sell me. Nothing brings me joy quite like a nice 15-30sec. video of a confident, preferably attractive, female falling down and subsequently being in pain for a couple of hours. Everyone’s seen the Grape Lady Fall and Scarlet Take a Tumble, those are both household names in the game by now. This top 10 is a list of hidden gems I’ve compiled over years of research and crying while eating Papa Johns, so know that it was taken seriously.
10. drunk girl falls down stairs badly
“Ampoo-araiiiijaahhhh.” Short and sweet, this 8sec introduction sort of encapsulates what’s so great about these videos. A fairly attractive girl, dressed pretty nicely, is having the best night of her life and before she knows it, she’s on her way to the emergency room. God is good.
9. Girl Falls Climbing Down Balcony
This girl could barely get over the railing, she’s obviously never done a pull-up, but still had to dramatically take off the jacket like that was the one thing holding her back There’s something so exhilarating about watching people attempt feats that you just know will end in disaster. It’s like sitting in a restaurant, watching a car parallel park in a spot that’s obviously way too small. You want to go out and help, but the laws of nature tell you to sit and watch because that’s the only way they’re going to learn.
8. Stripper Falls on Face
Makes me so happy. I’ll give her credit, she was actually doing a pretty decent job till she broke her orbital sockets. That’s what actually makes this one so enjoyable. She knew she was killing it and had all eyes at her niece’s quinceañera on her until gravity showed up.
7. Muslim women falls off treadmill
I feel sort of guilty adding this vid of my Aunt Najia to the list, but I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t. Why is she barefoot? Why isn’t she at least wearing her babouche slippers? I’m so ashamed.
6. jamaican girl dancing fall off sound box
Not a single guy in the audience said to himself, “Man, that girls really hot but she’d be even hotter if she did a weird, bent leg handstand.” Sometimes less is more. I love how she goes straight from face-planting to hitting the splits like that’ll somehow cancel out the embarrassment.
5. Girl Falls Off Ladder
This could not have gone worse for her. Of all of the videos, this is probably the one I come closest to feeling bad about because she didn’t really deserve it. Actually, she definitely deserved it, her house is a kind of a mess and she’s filming herself climb a 16ft ladder.
4. Model falls off Runway and into Pool
Give it up for Amparo. Videos of models falling on the runway are a dime a dozen, but this one’s special for a couple reasons;
- She instantly makes you want to root against her with that over-the-top “I’m hot, you’re not” head nod she gives at the 10sec mark
- The guy walking behind her is either blind and deaf or he just doesn’t really care if she lives or dies.
- That quick moment she takes to gather herself before getting out of the pool are probably the 3 greatest seconds in comedy history.
3. Cheerleader Falls Hard
Ready? Okay! When do cheerleaders perform in the parking lot? This was one of those unusually poor circumstances caught on local tv that almost seems too good to be true.
2. Girl running track
It’s one thing to fall while jumping hurdles, but she does it in spectacular fashion. I love how she had enough determination to push through the first fall, but quits after the second.
1. Drunk Girls Fall Off Shopping Cart
Way to think that one through. What’s there not to like about this? There’s a few things I can guarantee about this video;
- I don’t know what song they’re singing, but I guarantee I don’t like it.
- I don’t know what state they’re from, but I guarantee it’s Florida.
- I don’t know what injuries they sustained, but I guarantee the guy filming didn’t care.